Dates & Deadlines
September 2016-August 2017 - Prospective parents should contact the school (208-331-9260) to schedule a tour to start the application process for openings for 2017-18 as soon as possible. The school strongly encourages prospective families to complete the application process by February 28, 2017.
Ongoing admissions - Foothills will accept applications for prospective students and enroll students for 2017-18 on a rolling/ongoing basis as long as classes have openings.
Open Houses - Foothills hosts several Open House events throughout the year. Open Houses are an optional but recommended part of the application process.
To apply to Foothills School, we ask that prospective families complete the following steps in our application process:
1. Spend time on the school's website
2. Schedule a parent tour and pick up an application (Early Learner, K-6, 7-9)
3. Submit a completed application and non-refundable $50 application fee
4. For K-9th graders, sign a school records release form and take it to your child's current school (report cards for the past two years should be sent directly to Foothills)
5. For K-9th graders, submit a teacher observation form to your child's current teacher (the teacher recommendation form should be sent, emailed, or faxed directly to Foothills)
6. If applicable, ask us about and apply for financial aid
7. When your child's application is complete, we will contact you to schedule a student visit for your child (we ask Early Learner prospective parents to visit rather than their children)
Please contact Katy Young, Director of Admissions, (208-331-9260, ext. 102) with any questions or to schedule a tour of our school.
Admission Decisions - When making admissions decisions, the Admissions Committee takes into account its interactions with families, information from a student's application and school records, a recommendation from a previous teacher (for students in K-9th grades), school records, and our teachers' observations from the student visit. Additionally, admissions decisions are based on class availability as well as on balancing the gender and ages of students in our classes. First-year preschool students should be three years old on September 1 of the year they would be starting; they must also be potty trained.
Foothills School does not discriminate on a basis of age, race, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability or other classifications protected by law, in all of its operations.