Employment Opportunities for 2014-15:
Foothills School of Arts and Sciences seeks an office administrator for a full-time, 12-month position. This person manages the operations of the school’s front office, supports other administrators and represents the school’s culture and values to internal and external groups.
- Initial point of contact for parents, staff, students and guests
- Support of admin functions including school records, database, and calendar
- Oversight of office equipment and supplies
- Supporting school-wide events
- Editing school publications
- Basic first aid
Skills and Qualities Needed:
- Warm and caring demeanor, positive interpersonal skills
- Enjoys being with adults and children in a school environment
- Works well with a team
- Organized, detail oriented
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Advanced technology skills (MS Office and a willingness to learn other applications)
- Flexibility, adaptability
- Able to work calmly in a busy school environment
- Takes initiative and brings projects to completion
- Possesses good judgment
Preference given to candidates with a degree and previous work experience in a school or non-profit setting.
Salary and benefits are competitive.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and 3 letters of reference to Foothills School via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or mail to the address below. No phone calls, please.
Attn: Office Admin
618 S. 8th St.
Boise, ID 83702
Open Application: Faculty Positions
Foothills School has an open application process for qualified candidates for full- and part-time teaching appointments, grades Pre-K to 9th. The school seeks candidates with a commitment to deep and rich education, collaborative team teaching, a particular interest in inquiry-based education, and a proven capacity to differentiate educational experiences at the classroom level.
For faculty positions at Foothills School:
- A Bachelor's Degree is required.
- A Master's Degree and direct classroom teaching experience preferred.
- Expertise and specialized training in specific discipline(s) and/or grade levels.
- A diverse educational and experiential background is also preferred to offer the best potential for success in our unique environment.
A teaching certficiation is not required for applicants to Foothills School.
A hard copy application packet should include:
- cover letter
- statement of educational philosophy
- three letters of recommendation
- an application: printable PDF Version
You may opt to complete the application process online - find the Application Form here, which allows for the attachment of the supporting documents (cover letter, statement of educational philosophy, resume/CV, letters of recommendation).
Application materials for teaching positions should be submitted to Jon Ninnemann, Head of School, 618 South 8th Street, Boise, ID 83702, or faxed to 208.331.3082.
Nondiscrimination Policy: Foothills School of Arts and Sciences does not discriminate on a basis of age, race, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability or other classifications protected by law, in all of its operations.