Thank you for your interest in Foothills School!
Through the admission of new families, Foothills School strives to build a family community and student body that is well matched to the school's mission, values, philosophy and educational program.
Foothills School is currently accepting applications for the 2015-16 school year. We strongly encourage prospective families to start and complete our application process as soon as possible.
To apply to Foothills School, we ask that prospective families complete the following steps in our application process:
1. Spend time on the school's website
2. Schedule a parent tour and pick up an application (Early Learner, K-6, 7-9)
3. Submit a completed application and non-refundable $50 application fee
4. For K-9th graders, sign a school records release form and take it to your child's current school (school records should be sent directly to Foothills)
5. For K-9th graders, submit a teacher observation form to your child's current teacher (the teacher recommendation form should be sent or faxed directly to Foothills)
6. If applicable, ask us about and apply for financial aid
7. When your child's application is complete, we will contact you to schedule a student visit for your child (we ask Early Learner prospective parents to visit rather than their children)
8. After your child's visit, we may contact you to schedule an interview with our Head of School or Director of Admissions
Contact Katy Young, Director of Admissions, (208-331-9260, ext. 102) with any questions or to schedule a tour of our school.
Admission Decisions When making admissions decisions, the Admissions Committee takes into account its interactions with families, information from a student's application and school records, a recommendation from a previous teacher (for students in K-9th grades), and our teachers' observations from the student visit. Additionally, admissions decisions are based on class availability as well as on balancing the gender and ages of students in our classes. First year preschool students must be three years old by September 1 of the year they would be starting; they must also be potty trained.
Foothills School does not discriminate on a basis of age, race, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability or other classifications protected by law, in all of its operations.